Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A seemingly simple Maths question... or not!

Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

A seemingly simple Maths question... or not! Empty A seemingly simple Maths question... or not!

Post by Mac Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:57 am

Twisted Evil Mwahahahaha...
    Some of you like Maths, so.... This question might seem easy, but hopefully it isn't... At first, I had a definite answer, then I wasn't so sure. Anyway, here it is:

The Earth takes 365.242 days to orbit the sun (0.242 of a day extra is the reason we have a leap year). So... is the Number 365.242 odd or even?

According to this: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odd_number an odd number is NOT an integer of two. However, I was taught that if the numbers were people, then an odd number of people would mean that there is a person who is NOT a pair.

It seems pretty simple. It might be, but I hate maths and I can't be bothered to check... and the answer isn't clear either.

Hailey
    Hailey

A seemingly simple Maths question... or not! Empty Re: A seemingly simple Maths question... or not!

Post by Hailey Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:25 am

Odd. Say you have 5, chocolate bars and the just a piece of one. You don't have anoher whole, so technically its odd. Right? Heck I don't know.
    Emma
    Emma

A seemingly simple Maths question... or not! Empty Re: A seemingly simple Maths question... or not!

Post by Emma Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Yeah I think it's odd. Odd numbers are those that if you divide by 2, you get a fraction.
    365.242 / 2 = 182.621 = not a whole number Smile yay!
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:44 am

I agree with Emma.
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 am

Shocked confused :O How did you work it out Question Exclamation Suspect

That makes sense... so it was easy then... XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 am