Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

President Mustafa Ehab

Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

President Mustafa Ehab Empty President Mustafa Ehab

Post by Mac Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 pm

[Mac: I can't wait any longer]
    Hello, my name is Mustafa Ehab and I was the ex-president of Egypt. I promise however, I will return to power. Soon.

Apart from my job, I am 63 and I am married with 4 biological children and a few adopted ones from less-well off African nations. I consider myself as a 'family man' as my family are the people I love to spend time with the most.
    Tia
    Tia

President Mustafa Ehab Empty Re: President Mustafa Ehab

Post by Tia Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Why are you the ex-president? What made you...um... lose your presidency? If that makes sense XD

What are you children's names, what are they like and what is your relationship with them? What's your relationship with your wife? What do you do when you spend time with your family? I mean, do you go to the movies, have a picnic...? xD
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:19 pm

What made me lose presidency? The recent (and stupid) protests in Egypt made a lot of pressure from around the world to ask for me to stand down. I knew that if I did, instability would result and I was correct - protests in Libya, Syria, Yemen, Bahrain - most if not all Arab countries.
    All the pressure made me extremely stressed meaning I couldn't think very clearly so I planned to relax in the coastal resort of Sharm El Sheikh for a day before returning. The day I planned to leave, my vice-president came with a form of resignation. I was extremely angry and I foolishly crossed the whole sheet. Later, I realised that it counted as a signature.

Although... I did cross out the whole sheet. Perhaps I could use that to return me to power but I already have a few plans to horrify, destabilise and cripple Egypt. They will soon be on their knees begging to come back *snort*

My biological Children are called Yasser, Zain, Rasheed and Fatima (the latter being female). My wife is called Salma and we enjoy spending our time together on presidential visits (we like to leave a free day to sightsee together) and holiday together in Sharm El Sheikh. (All of my children have work so the holidays are the best time to see them.) My wife and I... we do countless things. My personal favourite was flying a hot air balloon over the Rocky Mountains a few years back Smile We generally get on but let us say that Zain is the one who enjoys what most people in there late teens/early twenties seem to like - partying and sport Smile))
    Joce
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:56 am

Umm... you adopted? Why? If you have four children then why adopt? And are they like living with your biologicals? Hey, I have nothing against adoptation, (well other than political figures should not adopt unless they're infertile, but don't mind me) but really it doesn't make sense.
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:36 pm

I adopted these children to give them a better life - they were all orphans because their parents had died of AIDS, Malaria or Cholera in poor African countries. I am rather well off at the moment. It's best to give these children a good start in life where we do have clean water supplies and sanitation for example. (Although Egypt won't be so well-off soon. I will get my revenge and cripple Tourism. My next stop is the Suez Canal.)

We are too old to have children now, but I do love the family life.

The biological children have moved out now. Zain, the youngest, is 23. He works in a petrol company - Shell.

Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:10 am

How did you start out? I mean, which college did you go to, and from there how did you become the president? Were you just an assistant, or did you get a major govorment job right away?

Is there anyone who you can trust completely regarding your plans? Or are you doing it all by yourself? Is there anyone in the government you believe and confide in, or is it all (like most governments) a web of lies?

Who are your adopted children? How old are they?
    dotandscribble
    dotandscribble

Post by dotandscribble Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:48 pm

You say you're a family man but what about your parents/ siblings? do you(did you)have a good relationship with them?
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Tia:
    That is a rather long story, so bear with me [Mac: Gosh, how could I have missed his back story LOL].

I went to the American University in Cairo, studying Engineering at 21. I went a little late after 2 years of work experience and military service in the year after. My parents forced me to do my military service early, just after the war in 1967. After I finished studying in 1971, I had to do yet more military service because I was an engineer. Then there was another war.

I volunteered to be a soldier in that war until I was later captured and tortured for information. After finally escaping, I decided to become a politician. Hopefully that would mean I would have some say in preventing any future wars.
    Gradually, I rose further and further into the party I was in until I became vice president after the assassination of Anwar Sadat - our president. Then in '95, the next president resigned for unexplained reasons, which meant I was now president and I had been for 15 years.

My personal assistant, Youssef is perhaps one of the few people I can trust. As you might have not heard of the name before, I shall give you a fun fact - Youssef is the Arabic version of Joseph Smile. As I was saying, I trust him very much. We do have slightly differing views but then it's very important to hear someone else's views. The protests DID highlight some things that I did not know about the country (what is the point of having ministers, precisely?) such as official corruption of tax collectors, but that does still not mean people can protest. However, I will be dismissing a fair few people.

My adopted children are called Chidochashe, 6 and Dumisiwe 9 from Zimbabwe (they are not related), Seko from Mali, 3, Habimana and from Rwanda. He is Tutsi and is an orphan because of the Rwandan Genocide in the '90s.

Kelly:
    My parents and I did not have the greatest relationship. As a youngster I knew they cared about me and they loved me very much but I felt they were very strict and rebelled against them. The final years before my father's death were the only few years which we got on.

As for my siblings, we had a better relationship. My older brother Habib and I would go after school and swim regularly until he went to Denmark at 21 while my younger brother, Faisal fought in the war as well and died. After their deaths (except for Habib although we have not met for a very long time), I hope I made them all proud. I missed my family for a very long time until I met my wife which is why I have cherished every moment with my children.

Enough of all this talk about sorrow - I will have my revenge on my torturers now.
    Joce
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:14 pm

*Peers into chart* Do think you've made them proud?
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:10 pm

I desperately hope so. I feel like this is the best way for me to show that their efforts weren't wasted. I feel as if I did well - I kept peace and made Egypt a place for tourism and investment, did I not?

However, I cannot and will not tolerate any uprising etc. Not only will it have bad effects across the middle east and perhaps the whole globe (especially with oil). I will not succumb to silly, stupid kids.

In order to frighten Egypt, I think I shall torture my prisoners and send the videos to media companies around the world. With the General as my marionette, I still have the newspapers under my control. All this "free speech now that he's gone" is a mere illusion. I'll have these videos very well publicised. Wink What do you think?

Mac has a note:
    [I hope I haven't scared you all away from the dude XD]
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:48 pm

What were the causes of the two wars, and what was your experience in it like? Did you meet any friends you still keep in touch with? Was it traumatic for you, or did you eventually get used to it?

How did you meet your wife? What is she like? Are you on good terms with the in-laws?

(Okay, gotta go now. I'll post more questions when I get back)
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:15 pm

[Mac: These wars were real-life ones and were fought against Israel but I've just used the wars as a reason for what Mustafa does, but I'm not attacking them... they were just there XD]

In 1967 they launched an attack on us where we were defeated - The Golan Heights, the West Bank and East Jerusalem, Gaza and the Sinai Peninsula were all captured and occupied with Settlements built on them. In 1973, Egypt (and other states) launched an attack back, trying to take the territory back. I was captured and they took us to a place deep within occupied territory (the cave/bunker) where I was tortured. In the 1973 war where I was involved, it was very traumatic for me. The blood and dead bodies I was able to cope with but the torture was too much. After my escape I kept dropping in and out of depression and was constantly stressed. I went to a mental hospital where they would try and help me. That was where I met my wife, a medical student in her third year of Uni.

My wife Salma is very nice and friendly and far from judgemental. I was worried everyone would judge me for going to the hospital trying to recover from Post-traumatic stress but there was no need. I'm glad to have met her Smile) I had good relations with the in-laws but we didn't see them very much. Always travelling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 am