Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Mac
dotandscribble
6 posters

Hey there

dotandscribble
    dotandscribble

Hey there Empty Hey there

Post by dotandscribble Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Well hope I'm not too late to join.

I'm 16, english and heading to sixth form in September. I've been writing for a few years but never managed to finish a piece - oops! I'm working on it. Its just that I'll suddenly have this other idea that I've got to get done and that suddenly takes over.

I like writing fantasy/ sci fi pieces and really like concentrating on internal battles a character faces, whether that is somebody they really dont want to have feelings for or dealing with responsibility they have.

So I guess that's me in a nutshell Smile
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Hey there Empty Re: Hey there

Post by Mac Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi Dotandscribble Smile May I call you Dot? Very Happy
    I'm Mac, and it's nice to meet you. Do you live in Britain? I asked because you said 'sixth form'. Emma and I do Smile
    It's not too late, don't worry. It's great to have some new members and plus it's only been up for about a week now Smile

Will you upload some of your work? If you do, that's great! Smile

I hope you like it here.
    Mac
    dotandscribble
    dotandscribble

Post by dotandscribble Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:08 pm

you can Smile
    yes i do though i'm currently in America for the summer - its good to know im not the only Brit!
    I tried to upload a link for a couple of fanfics i did earlier but it said i couldn't do it for seven days because ive just joined so ill try again then.

in the meantime you can check out my blogs if you're interested:

thirtydaysofmadness.blogspot.com

its a challenge im doing with my nana; mine are the second pieces in the posts Smile

Im still trying to work out how to use it to be honest!

'Dot'
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:28 am

Hey Dot!
    You sound like you do similar things to me, so I can't wait to read your writing. I'm going to check out your blog as soon as I get home from work today Smile
    I still haven't finished a full length story yet either...but I'm hoping to get there soon!!
    Emma
    Hailey
    Hailey

Post by Hailey Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Hello Dot! Of course you're not too late to join! The more the better! I just recently (about 6 months ago) have gotten to where I could actually finish a piece of work without getting side-tracked. Writing fanfiction's helped a lot with that because I had people actually pushing me to write.

Welcome!
    Hailey
    Hailey

Post by Hailey Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Hello Dot! Of course you're not too late to join! The more the better! I just recently (about 6 months ago) have gotten to where I could actually finish a piece of work without getting side-tracked. Writing fanfiction's helped a lot with that because I had people actually pushing me to write.

Welcome!
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Hello, Dot. I love your nickname, by the way. Very Happy Good idea, Mac.

Anyway, don't worry about the not-finishing thing. Look at it this way. If you're ever bored out of your mind, you'll always have plenty distractions. That's what I think about when I'm exercising and trying to not think about how tired I am. I keep my mind focused on stuff I can improve either in the story I'm writing now or my 6-grade scribbles that might actually develop into something worthwhile.

Hope you like it here Smile
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Merci Beaucoup Tia Smile

I like your blog, Dot Very Happy That's a really cool idea. I'd like to do that with my grandma too, but I don't know Arabic well enough... :/
    dotandscribble
    dotandscribble

Post by dotandscribble Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks! That's the result of two months on holiday! Just find a friend to do it with?
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 am

Hi, Dot! It's nice to meet you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:14 pm