Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Organising Novels

Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Organising Novels Empty Organising Novels

Post by Mac Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:46 am

If any of you are struggling to organise your novel, why not try Microsoft OneNote? It's kind of like a virtual notebook where you can split it into sections depending on what you want. If you have MS office then you might have it.

There's also Storybook: http://www.novelist.ch/joomla/ which is designed specifically for writing novels (and comes in lots of languages if you're not writing your novel in English). I didn't get a virus from it.

I thought I'd just share it, in case y'all were struggling. I use both programs, personally. Keeps it all in one space Very Happy
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Organising Novels Empty Re: Organising Novels

Post by Lizzie Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Wow, thanks Mac!

I only use the plain old simple Word, but if I need to sort out and organize my ideas, new characters, their characteristics, name ideas, goals, and what not, I always use http://listhings.com/
    It's exactly like a bulletin board, where you can keep notes. It really made my novel writing easier.
    Joce
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Sticking with paper and pencil. I get grounded too much to write on the computer. Like right now I'm supposed to be writing an essay. Rolling Eyes
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm like Joce - pencil and paper XD Except I've always been doing it that way. I should probably get my writing stored in a digital space so it's easier to organize, but I have absolutely no will to write while I'm on a computer. Words die half-way through a sentence.
    It sounds real useful though, Mac. I'll look it up and try to force myself to start writing on a computer. I'm way too old-fashioned for my own good.
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:08 pm

To be honest, I really REALLY like writing in a notebook now! XD I never get distracted and I don't have writer's block as often. I write every Tuesday for an hour at school. It's great. Organising stays on computers though Smile

The problem with computers is well... if you don't have a super-durable one, (which most aren't), then they break. Even my trusty old mini-laptop (y'know, those netbooks) has had something to the screen and the charger connection broke a few hours ago. I'm pretty annoyed but for 2 and a half years, and a small PC only intended for sporadic use, it's done well. And it's only a simple job Smile
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:44 am

I always use a notebook when writing a song. I don't know why, but I just can't write a descent song on a computer. The only problem is that I rewrite it, and rewrite it all over again. Or I don't like a strophe or two, so I want to take them out. All in all, even though I use an erasable ballpoint, I still rip out half of the notebook
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:41 pm

I tried writing a song once. It was a parody of Californian girls but I was talking about people in London XD

Even better. Yarny.me - it's epic for NaNoWriMo!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:24 am