Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

not sure where to put this :/

dotandscribble
    dotandscribble

not sure where to put this :/ Empty not sure where to put this :/

Post by dotandscribble Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Well I was wanting to write a small piece about Serenity teaching Jax to ride when i remember i have one small problem: i dont know how. Now before i trawled through the depths of wikipedia (which lets face it, is only good for homework you dont really care about), i remember that hailey can ride so i thought i'd ask her, that is if you dont mind.

However if any of the rest you are particularly good at sword fighting/ theft/ running from the law, i'd appreciate some advice on that as well Wink

Kelly Suspect
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

not sure where to put this :/ Empty Re: not sure where to put this :/

Post by Mac Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:33 pm

To ride... a horse? Ya, Hailey'd know load's on that.

Um I've been in a couple of situations where I had to run from the teachers (because I committed crimes such as messing up a classroom and letting off stinkbombs). Four tips:
    1. Be as quiet as you can
    2. Unless the law is nearby, mingle in the crowds while knowing escape routes
    3. Carry as little as you can so you can run for it at anytime. Get as many obstacles behind you so the law finds it hard to keep up -- then you'll have time to run and hide.
    4. Take the oddest and most confusing way to run with lots of space to go the wrong way so that the law get confused.

Try googling 'how to shake off a tail'. Basically Jax and Serenity need to keep their heads down.

Hope I helped!
    dotandscribble
    dotandscribble

Post by dotandscribble Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:47 pm

tut tut MaC :p But seriously thank you for the help!
    Joce
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:43 am

Trust me you come to the right place. I love research. Cool

Theft:
    Pick-pocketing, or shoplifting, or burglary?
    Okay, since my crime education stopped at lock picking (still can't find a tumbler pin anywhere), I had to come up with links from the net:
    An overview on how pick pocketing works
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/pickpocket.htm

Some shoplifting techniques:
    http://crimeprevention.rutgers.edu/crime/shoplifting/techniques.htm

Well, for burglary I can't help you much. As for sword fighting, check this site out: http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/sword-fighting.html There's something to be said about men who go around playing with foam swords, wearing "armour".
    The benefits of these foam swords as that it is possible to indulge in sword fighting quite fiercely with an absolute minimum of armour (just a basic helmet and groin protection is usually enough) and while they do hurt a little if they hit full force, it allows a very realistic approximation of a sword fight and make great modern sword training tools.

I wouldn't depend on Wikipedia. Just google, and if you find a Wikipedia entry use it. Oh and look for good citation or a bio of the writer, and check your
    info with multiple sources.

Um I've been in a couple of situations where I had to run from the teachers (because I committed crimes such as messing up a classroom and letting off stinkbombs). Four tips:
    1. Be as quiet as you can
    2. Unless the law is nearby, mingle in the crowds while knowing escape routes
    3. Carry as little as you can so you can run for it at anytime. Get as many obstacles behind you so the law finds it hard to keep up -- then you'll have time to run and hide.
    4. Take the oddest and most confusing way to run with lots of space to go the wrong way so that the law get confused.
    Smile And if that doesn't work, run.
    Hailey
    Hailey

Post by Hailey Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:19 pm

OH YEAH! I'm needed! Which dicipline would the person be riding? I need to know that before I can help you! If you want to you can email me and i'll help you that way or on here, either one. Smile hailey.marchbanks@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:47 am