Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Do you skip when writing?

Poll

Do you skip?

[ 2 ]
    Do you skip when writing? Bar_left25%Do you skip when writing? Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Do you skip when writing? Bar_left63%Do you skip when writing? Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Do you skip when writing? Bar_left12%Do you skip when writing? Bar_right [12%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Do you skip when writing? Empty Do you skip when writing?

Post by Lizzie Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:10 pm

When you're writing a longer story or a novel, do you write down several different parts of the story, and then fill in the blanks (like, you write the first chapter, and then skip to the fifth), or do you write it all in order?

I personally, always know the first few chapters, the ending, and some scenes happening in the between, so I write it all down, and then connect them.
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Do you skip when writing? Empty Re: Do you skip when writing?

Post by Mac Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Only around the very beginning when I feel quite lost and don't know how to get to Scene C from Scene A. I usually skip Scene B Smile
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Nope - I always write down everything. I helps me arrange my thoughts, especially because I don't often know many details of the plot until I actually write them. I also find that if I skip chapters, then I may miss a chance for characters to reveal things about themselves and for them to develop.
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 am

I prefer writing it all in order for the reasons Emma mentioned.
    Hailey
    Hailey

Post by Hailey Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:02 pm

I don't skip, because I would loose track of everything. I would forget what I've already said, back-track and it would end up a terrible mess.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:15 am