Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Emma
Tia
6 posters

Hello :)

Tia
    Tia

Hello :) Empty Hello :)

Post by Tia Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:52 am

Hello, I'm Tia. I'm 15 years old, and I'm half-American and half-Croatian, but I live in Croatia.

To be honest, I haven't been writing for very long. I mean, I sort of used to when I was 13, but then I would write half a chapter or make something up while I was bored during class, and then just give up xD
    I got serious about writing halfway through my fourteenth year, and am now steadily writing my book (just started chapter four).

My favorite book genres are fantasy and horror, and, uh, I don't think there's a specific genre for this, but lately I've been interested in books that deal with angels and demons, and the whole 'divine' concept. It doesn't have to be anything really thought-provoking and complicated, I just love the different ways people imagine how angels, demons, God and the Devil look like. Right now I'm reading a collaboration novel between Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett called 'Good Omens' which deals with the Antichrist and the Apocalypse, but it's more of a comedy read than anything. Favorite authors are H.P. Lovecraft, Anne Rice, George R.R. Martin and Haruki Murakami.

Besides reading and writing, I love swimming, David Bowie, and my baby cousin, Matea. Swimming is really the only sport I'm good at; do not hand me a ball. I do not get along well with balls.
    Emma
    Emma

Hello :) Empty Re: Hello :)

Post by Emma Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Hey Tia, nice to meet you Smile
    Don't worry - I haven't been writing very long, either. I've never had time before to write much except for short stories which I had to do for school assignments.
    What's your book about?
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:18 pm

LadyCobweb wrote:Hello, I'm Tia. I'm 15 years old, and I'm half-American and half-Croatian, but I live in Croatia.

You live in Croatia!? That's so great! Maris is from Croatia too, and I'm from Serbia.

Dobrodošla!Hello :) Icon_mrgreen
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Nice to meet you too Smile I apologize if the following is a bit long...

It's a bit of an odd topic, sort of complicated; the main character, Seth, is a completely normal teenager. He smokes all the time, plays drums in a band, and gets drunk every once in a while. Anyway, besides all this normality, he's very religious. Very. He knows Our Father in Latin, trying to read the entire Bible, and catches early mass every day before school. His ambition, in fact, is to be a priest.

He's got two friends: Anne and Bosie, and he becomes very close with Bosie. The two are best friends, almost like brothers. Once he confides in him about his religious passion, and about how he's still unsure about whether he really does want to be a priest, Bosie, partly because he's looking for some fun and partly because he's trying to help, dares him to break the Ten Commandments. Bosie's thinking is that if he can break them all he's not cut out to be a priest, but if Seth feels horribly guilty and just can't disobey them all, then he should be a priest.

Now, the complication is that Anne and Bosie are both falling in love with him (Bosie is a homosexual), but Seth is completely uninterested. In anybody, in fact. All he's ever really thought about is the whole priesthood idea, and now he's got to deal with them too.

Anyway, the bulk of the book is how he makes his way through the Ten Commandments. I haven't really figured out how I'm going to get away with Do not kill, though.
    Sorry if I wrote too much :/ I couldn't really think of any way to cut it down
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Dobrodošla!

Stvarno? :O
    Hvala Very Happy
    Woah, I thought I'd be the only one. xD
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:13 pm

That actually sounds quite interesting. Very original! I'd love to read it.
    Maybe for the 'do not kill' commandment, he could slaughter an animal, potentially on a farm.
    Just a question - does Seth accept Bosie's homosexuality, because some religious groups are completely against it? On the other hand, some are completely okay with it. I was just wondering what Seth's view was...or do I have to wait to read the book to find that out? Smile
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Tia Smile
    Call me Mac Smile
    Your book sounds really interesting. Getting through the Ten Commandments.... sounds quite original Smile Will we be able to see some of it here?

I haven't been writing novels for that long either but I did have a few attempts at some stories before that...

Haha, nice to see there's a swimming fan here Smile I love swimming... I also want to take up tennis...

Nice to meet you Tia!
    Mac
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:06 pm

LadyCobweb wrote:
    Anyway, the bulk of the book is how he makes his way through the Ten Commandments. I haven't really figured out how I'm going to get away with Do not kill, though.
    Sorry if I wrote too much :/ I couldn't really think of any way to cut it down

If he does kill someone though, it'll be quite interesting... I don't recommend killing in Texas though.
    Joce
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Relax, I still have the same problem, starting something and not finishing, and frankly it does matter how long you've been writing, as long as you're serious about it.

LadyCobweb wrote:My favorite book genres are fantasy and horror, and, uh, I don't think there's a specific genre for this, but lately I've been interested in books that deal with angels and demons, and the whole 'divine' concept. It doesn't have to be anything really thought-provoking and complicated, I just love the different ways people imagine how angels, demons, God and the Devil look like. Right now I'm reading a collaboration novel between Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett called 'Good Omens' which deals with the Antichrist and the Apocalypse, but it's more of a comedy read than anything. Favorite authors are H.P. Lovecraft, Anne Rice, George R.R. Martin and Haruki Murakami.
    Yeah, me too, and I'm starting to get into SciFi. Have you read His Dark Materials (series) by Philip Pullman? They're set in a fantasy world , but they fit the 'divine' concept.
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Joce wrote:Yeah, me too, and I'm starting to get into SciFi. Have you read His Dark Materials (series) by Philip Pullman? They're set in a fantasy world , but they fit the 'divine' concept.

I love that series!! It explores such a wide range of ideas and the plot's fantastic Very Happy
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Maybe for the 'do not kill' commandment, he could slaughter an animal, potentially on a farm.
    Just a question - does Seth accept Bosie's homosexuality, because some religious groups are completely against it? On the other hand, some are completely okay with it. I was just wondering what Seth's view was...or do I have to wait to read the book to find that out?

Thank you for the idea. I think I'll go with that actually. I don't really think a teenage kid could actually kill a man unless it was some other world where that is the norm or he just has some serious problems.
    To answer your question, Seth is completely okay with it. He hasn't really been raised to hate or love homosexuals, he just knows they exist and treats them the same way he would any other person. Besides, Bosie doesn't exactly hide it. He'd find out sooner or later. xD

Your book sounds really interesting. Getting through the Ten Commandments.... sounds quite original Will we be able to see some of it here?

Nice to meet you too, Mac Smile
    Actually, I write all my chapters in my notebook the first time. Whenever I'm on the computer, I get distracted by a game or the internet and those sorts of things. With my notebook, I don't know, the writing just goes quicker. So, right now I need to type up the chapters on Word, but then I'll definitely post. In a day or two it should be up.
    And don’t worry, if I do any killing, it won’t be in Texas. xD

Yeah, me too, and I'm starting to get into SciFi. Have you read His Dark Materials (series) by Philip Pullman? They're set in a fantasy world , but they fit the 'divine' concept.

I have Very Happy They're actually what got me interested into the whole 'divine' concept. I absolutely adore those books, and I love Pullman's writing style.

It was nice meeting all of you Smile
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:35 am

Dobrodošla! Very Happy I can't believe you're from Dubrovnik! I am too. Very Happy
    George R.R. Martin and Haruki Murakami are on my to-read list.
    Your book sounds interesting. It's a very original idea.
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Hvala! Very Happy
    Are you serious? :O Woah, I can't beleive it. What are the odds...
    George R.R. Martin and Murakami are a great read. I don't know if you've heard, and this might not seem like a big deal if you haven't read Martin's series yet, but there's a rumor that they'll be shooting Season 2 of the TV series adaption of his books in Dubrovnik. Very Happy I'm signing up to be an extra if it turns out to be true xD
    Thank you for the compliment Smile
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:08 am

Really? That would be awesome. Smile
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:52 am

LadyCobweb wrote:I don't know if you've heard, and this might not seem like a big deal if you haven't read Martin's series yet, but there's a rumor that they'll be shooting Season 2 of the TV series adaption of his books in Dubrovnik. Very Happy I'm signing up to be an extra if it turns out to be true xD
    I'm an extra! Very Happy Are you?
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:16 am

Maris wrote:
    LadyCobweb wrote:I don't know if you've heard, and this might not seem like a big deal if you haven't read Martin's series yet, but there's a rumor that they'll be shooting Season 2 of the TV series adaption of his books in Dubrovnik. Very Happy I'm signing up to be an extra if it turns out to be true xD
    I'm an extra! Very Happy Are you?

Maris!! You're back Very Happy

Woah, that sounds awesome!
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:33 am

Hi, Emma! Smile
    Yeah, it's great. Very Happy
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:49 am

That's brilliant! Very Happy
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Congrats! Hello :) Shaking%20hands%20smiley%20happy
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Hello, Maris! It's great to see you again Very Happy jocolor

I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    At least, I'm supposed to be. I'm actually a bit worried. See, they called August 30th to tell me I got in, and to come tomorrow for costume fittings. So, you know, I'm thrilled, jumping around the room and singing and all that. But then, a couple hours later, I get a message that there's been a change and that I don't need to come tomorrow, but they'll call me later. Well. I didn’t get a call in 5 days, at which point I called them, and they told me to wait another 4-5 days. Again, no call. I called again, and they said everything is running late, that the shooting’s been postponed and that the costumes aren't ready yet, all sorts of stuff, so I should wait. Well, I'm fine with waiting, but the problem is that the shooting might overlap with a 4-day school trip I'm going on. I mean, I'd miss the school trip for this no problem, I've already been to Austria anyway, but the thing is I need to pay by Monday for the trip, and I still have no idea if I need to be at the shooting then. Plus, a friend of mine who also got in knows exactly when they need him: October 12th and 13th. Why don't I know anything? So, I'm a bit anxious XD
    Anyway, have you heard anything at all?
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:24 pm

My costume fitting was on Thursday and my first day on set is tomorrow. They're supposed to call me today to tell me where I need to come and at what time. They also need me on September 22nd, September 30th, October 2nd and October 3rd.
    That's too bad. I was hoping to see you tomorrow. Perhaps you should call them again? I hope it all works out for you.
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:37 pm

OK. Thanks a lot Maris. See, I don't know a bunch of people who also got accepted, just that one guy, so I didn't have anyone to consult with. Anyway, thanks a lot. I'll call them tomorrow, and see if there are any changes. Oh, and have fun tomorrow! cheers Let me know if you meet any actors! Very Happy
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks. I will. Very Happy
    Joce
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:24 pm

Maris wrote:My costume fitting was on Thursday and my first day on set is tomorrow. They're supposed to call me today to tell me where I need to come and at what time. They also need me on September 22nd, September 30th, October 2nd and October 3rd.
    That's too bad. I was hoping to see you tomorrow. Perhaps you should call them again? I hope it all works out for you.
    Question, congrats to you two by the way, if you both went tomorrow , how would you recognize each other?
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:27 pm

Joce wrote:
    Question, congrats to you two by the way, if you both went tomorrow , how would you recognize each other?
    We would have figured something out. Razz
    Turns out I'm not going tomorrow after all. Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:24 am