Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Lizzie
Mac
6 posters

What's writer's block?

Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

What's writer's block? Empty What's writer's block?

Post by Mac Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:55 am

What does writer's block feel like? Is it that you just don't know how to write? Feel like you can't write anything good?

I always feel like I can't be bothered to write. Does that count as Writer's block? I've been having it for more than a month apart from the odd exception here and there where I wrote.
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

What's writer's block? Empty Re: What's writer's block?

Post by Lizzie Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:13 pm

To me, writers block is when I sit down to write, and my mind is just blank. No thoughts, no ideas, just... blank. I can't come up with one sentence. It's the most terrible feeling to me. I feel so useless then pale
    Joce
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:16 pm

In that case, I think you're just procrastinating. Get some earplugs, or listen to music (well after leaving the room, listening to music loud enough to not hear the person next to, can severely damage your hearing and ears, just ask mine), write outside, in libraries, (if your mom lets you, hows that going? Still can't write?), somehow far away from the person who's bothering you.

For me writing block is not being able to come with a new idea, never really had writers block during a novel.
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm the same as Lizzie. I sit down, write down half a sentence, hate that half, scribble it out, doodle a dog or something in the corner, stare blankly at the page for a while and then eventually get up to go watch TV. Or come here XD

Lately, I've been pushing myself to at least write one hundred words a day. It doesn't have to be part of my book, it can just be a small little paragraph about the sunset or my best friend or my favorite TV show, just as long as it's something.
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Joce wrote: write outside, in libraries, (if your mom lets you, hows that going? Still can't write?)
    I can write, just not as much as I used to. She said I could write in the free lesson I have and during weekends... if I don't have an exam.

I HAVE A PHYSICS EXAM ON MY BIRTHDAY Sad Who ever decided the dates needs a slap Evil or Very Mad

Tia, that's what I get sometimes. When I am actually writing. I usually ignore it though.

Usually I'm bursting with ideas. Really long dreams usually are the source of inspiration, but then they need a lot of work to become a novel. I could use that dream of me zip wiring to Croatia if I wanted to XD Usually I'll run out of steam sooner or later.
    Joce
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Mac wrote:
    I HAVE A PHYSICS EXAM ON MY BIRTHDAY Sad Who ever decided the dates needs a slap Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, I had an exam on my birthday. Can't remember what it was, though. Free lesson, Mac? Or free time?
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Free Lesson. First lesson on a Tuesday. I can use it to write.
    Joce
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Free lesson as in free period? Oh, right. Got to get used to the UK sayings.
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:07 pm

We call it period! xD I only said free lesson because I thought you'd not understand and think it was a full stop and wonder what I was on about xD
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Mac wrote:

I had a Physics exam on my birthday last year too!
    It was horrible. Physics exams are generally like that. And then I had a Maths exam the next day too, so not only did I have to get up at 5am to study, I ended up studying to almost midnight.
    Longest. Birthday. Of. My. Life!
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:17 pm

I have a physics exam on Tuesday that covers everything we learned in the past two years. pale
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Thalia wrote:I have a physics exam on Tuesday that covers everything we learned in the past two years. pale

Ouch. Good luck!!!! Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks!
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:28 pm

When's your birthday Emma?
    Mine's on the 20th June.

I had two exams last May covering physics, biology and chemistry covering three years. It was surprisingly easy but I credit that to a short revision book which covered a whole module in a few pages. It was a Lonsdale book.

Good luck!
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Mac wrote:When's your birthday Emma?

Exactly one month from today Razz
    11 October
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Good Luck, Lizzie Smile

Oh, I hate physics. I hate it more than any other subject. The good thing is that we're supposed to be getting a new physics teacher, so I'm praying she's an okay one. The last one was horrible.

Mac, mine's June 30th Very Happy
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 pm

LadyCobweb wrote:Good Luck, Lizzie Smile

Oh, I hate physics. I hate it more than any other subject. The good thing is that we're supposed to be getting a new physics teacher, so I'm praying she's an okay one. The last one was horrible.
    Thanks!!!

Yeah, I hate it, too. And my teacher is a stupid old hag that likes picking her nose in front of us (not joking).

Thank god we only have theory on this test. I hate all those formulas and three page long rules.... Evil or Very Mad
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:09 pm

I do not want to meet your teacher Lizzie. She...

:O we have similar birthdays XD You were born 355 days before me... XD

I think the whole of JUNE is exams :'( No chance of a party... well after school anyway.
    Maris
    Maris

Post by Maris Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:54 pm

LadyCobweb wrote:Oh, I hate physics. I hate it more than any other subject. The good thing is that we're supposed to be getting a new physics teacher, so I'm praying she's an okay one. The last one was horrible.
    I hate it too, more than P.E. which really says something. You're lucky to get a new teacher. Mine is not going anywhere. Sad
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:05 pm

I hate PE. I'm actually really bad at it. I'm kinda slow and there's a lot of running in my school D':

My favourite subject is photography Very Happy I wish I took forward ICT forward in GCSE now. If I did, I'd understand what phpBB3 is. It looks cool.
    Tia
    Tia

Post by Tia Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Ditto on hating P.E. I get out of it a lot though. Our teacher's super laid-back, you just tell him your stomach's hurting or you have a really hard math test tomorrow and he lets you go. Once, he didn't even show up. He forgot he had a class XD

Mac, you have a photography class??? That sounds wonderful. I wish my school had something like that. I think it's great how big cities literally have a club or class for every activity; I once tried looking for a sort of writer's or reader's group in Dubrovnik, but no luck at all.

My worst subjects are Math and Physics. Best are Croatian and English.
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:31 pm

I wish I could ditch P.E. But my teacher is really strict

Wow, photography. Lucky! I tried looking for writer's groups, too, but with no luck. I did find one, but it appears that I'm the only one who applied No . And I live in the main city! 1 200 000 citizens. I swear, people here don't even care!

LadyCobweb wrote:My worst subjects are Math and Physics. Best are Croatian and English.
    Same here
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Yeah, Photography Smile It's really fun. We made our own cameras! With a cardboard box (a small one) with a hole and a bit of photographic paper. And masking tape.

Then we developed them! It was so cool but one of the liquids used smells of...
    Cat wee. Even our teacher said so.

I looked for Writer's groups too but the only ones I found are really far away from me. No chance.

My best subjects are English and Science. I'm actually Not bad at physics Very Happy I just hate the Maths in it.

I've just written a short story that's 1000 words (or 1,001 can't remember). Should I post it in Flash Fiction or Short Stories?
    Lizzie
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Mac wrote:I've just written a short story that's 1000 words (or 1,001 can't remember). Should I post it in Flash Fiction or Short Stories?

Just add or take a word, and then you'll know XD
    I think you can post it in both
    Mac
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:03 pm

I changed something from 'the city' to London so it's 1,000 Smile I don't think I mentioned where it was taking place in the story so that should clear it up.

Flaaaash Fiction it is!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm